What made me do this comic?


I don't force myself to draw comics for the blog or to be productive. It was my birthday. I just wanted to relax. So what made me do this comic? 

Afternoon, after lunch, sleepy, already having my head filled with noise, conversations and a sermon, tired from driving, it was hard to gather my thoughts. I like having clear thoughts. So when I got the chance in the late afternoon and later at night, I took small pockets of time to record the events of the day. The reason why? It helps me organise and add clarity to my thoughts. Plus, I have this perceived value that it's nice to know what I did in the past. What did I do on the day of my last birthday?

I kept the art for this really simple. Just a 6B matte pencil on paper. And then a very light mid-tone over. Very simple. Kind of like the Margherita pizza I had for dinner at my parent's house last night.

Oh yeah, I did this video a year ago already! And I posted it on my birthday. https://drewscape.blogspot.com/2023/10/why-do-i-sketch.html

Comments