SKETCHWALK JOURNAL













Comments

Jt said…
these are good! the words fit in like a glove!
asdf said…
terrific, and i enjoy reading your notes. i find myself waiting for these updates now. these drawings are transportive.

btw, for the ink washes are you just using a water brush and ink?
Andrew Tan said…
seiji: it did help that i wrote the words there and then. So its spontaneous.

Guy: Thanks. i carry two water brushes. One has solid black ink. The other one has diluted black ink for the mid tones. And a pen for the lines. This was drawn in a small 4"x6" sketchbook.
Don Low said…
Did you actually go to where I live? Looking at those drawings and the words really make me feel a little nostalgic... keep going man! Your work always never fail to inspire me.
Don Low said…
I wished I could join you in your sketchwalk!!
Andrew Tan said…
yeah don, it passes your old flat.
Zid said…
Something about these "impressionist" sketches that are far more sincere than photographs. You record your emotion and your thought process while transferring it to the surface. Your sketches amaze me, man.
Ziyue Chen said…
i really enjoyed reading your sketchwalk journal! i like those simple, tonal lines.
sokkuan tye said…
i love them all! ('u')
Don Low said…
I have also started to carry a water brush that has black ink in it too...
CWolfe said…
I love the ink washes in there!