Shave. And how I colour loose line work.


I've to make a conscious effort to remember small events like these and drawing them out soon after. Wait too long and the interest fades because new events keep happening all the time. In this one, I drew it with a vintage Mabie Todd XF fountain pen with a flexible nib. Fountain pens often produce wet lines so I smudged the ink with my finger in some areas to get that more organic feel in my drawing. 

As for colouring the comic, I wanted the colouring to match the looseness of the lifework. Loose lines, loose colouring. So I did my best to simplify and block out areas of colours. I used photoshop and applied the colours like I was applying flat colours using a screen print. But more importantly, I'm making sure the important areas possess the most contrast. Here is the raw drawing below for comparison. I only did some minor clean ups.


For comics and eSketchbooks by me check out: https://payhip.com/Drewscape

Comments