Sketching while waiting


This was a page from my December sketchbook. On that day, I was doing the cats YouTube video then we had to attend this Christmas party with my wife's friends. We spent the whole afternoon there. The food was good and my wife enjoyed her time with her friends. I did engage in some conversation but after some time, I was just waiting to go home. I could have distracted myself with my phone, but I hate too much screen time. So I sketched while I waited. 

I felt this kept me more present with everyone around me and more observant, and at the same time, I was also improving and experimenting with my drawing skills. Yep this is one of my quick and fast formats where I work small and quick. I used a thinner nib for this one (Signo DX 0.38), and that takes up a bit more time. But I had time. All except the last scene was drawn from direct observation. In the last panel, I drew from my memory. I drew what Ollie and I did later that night- work on the animation for the cat video. It's at the very end of the video. We used the Stop Motion app. If you haven't seen it. It's HERE.

If you'd like to learn to draw quick, small and simple like this, check out my Skillshare class.
 

Comments