Experiments from March 2023

I like to shake things up a bit. I get tired of drawing kids and babies and myself every time, so I often try drawing other things in different ways, using different art mediums with different techniques. I may not have gotten too far from what I usually do, but this is as far as I got in March. This was the month Ollie and I were trying out grinding our own pigments using rocks we found along the streets. We'd mix the ground rocks with gum arabic and glycerine. We were learning from a YouTube video. I bought an inexpensive muller from China and mixed it over a glass sheet. I used some of the homemade pigments in the pages here. It works! However, I do like my Daniel Smith watercolours better as they are stronger in colour.



"Dinner sounds great" because I was fasting!

 

Comments