March 2023 comic journal

It's been so busy with the baby, work, and life that I've only just photographed these comic journals from March 2023, and cleaned them up to archive in this blog. It's only a few months late! This was when I noticed that I'd lost a lot of weight due to going to a HIIT gym and practising intermittent fasting (16:8) for 6 months straight.

I'd read the book Lifespan by David Sinclair, which gave more clarity about ageing. Fascinating read. It's a science book and not an art book. Illustrators read science books too! It gives us broader topics to draw about. Some takeaways- eating less and fasting for longer periods allow the body to repair itself, which helps to slow down ageing and prevent diseases. Exercise is for growing and maintaining muscle mass. I'd also read The Longevity Diet by Valter Longo which tempers the solutions offered by Sinclair. So now, I do intermittent fasting only on some days. And on other days, I eat normally. According to Longo's book, intermittent fasting non-stop over long periods could lead to the body producing gallstones. Now, I'm aiming to put on more weight and increase muscle mass. If I'm going to be seeing my 1-yearr old and 9-year-old grow up, as well as draw for years to come, I've got to work on this!

I used the handwritmic ruling pen to draw this. Super fun! It gives me these inky swooshy lines that I so love. It also forces me to keep things simple because of the amazing ink flow. I added some cut-and-paste paper from Ollie's ikea paper drawings she doesn't want anymore. And I also tweaked the colours a little digitally.




Comments