Sept 2023 update

 


After Parka's filming of my studio last week, I started looking for a way to scan with my scanner again. I had trouble scanning from Affinity Photo so I was mainly using my camera or SLR to shoot my drawings. But returning to a scanner is kind of pleasant again. Scanning watercolour is still a little tricky. I can't brighten it or adjust it much because if I do, textures or details get washed out. So here, I tried leaving it as unadjusted as possible. 

I used a Hero 9018 fountain pen with a fude nib (you can find these cheap pens online but quality control is questionable. You might get one that works amazing or one that doesn't work so well), filled with Platinum Carbon Black waterproof ink. And colours were my mix of Rembrandt and Daniel Smith watercolours.

Comments