End July Journal

 


I seldom journal on my iPad. So I wanted to see if it would feel the same as journalling on paper.

1) I found that it didn't change the way my thoughts were flowing out onto the...screen. I did try not to use the undo button as much as possible.

2) I tried out using the Effortless Gouache brush set. I wanted to try a totally different look from my usual fountain pen-on-paper look. It freshened things up for me.

3) On the iPad, I felt I could get a bit more honest with my thoughts. Because if it was something I didn't want the world to see, it would just be hidden in the digital realm, lost among all my digital files.

4) I wouldn't journal digitally all the time. I think journalling with a real pen on paper trains my confidence artistically. No undo buttons. If I want to correct something, I cancel it, paint over it, paste over it or just let the mistake show. It's more like real life where if you make a mistake, you can't go back and magically undo it. You just have to move forward to do the next best thing after.

Comments