Turn random doodles and sketches into...


I have random doodles and sketches laying around my studio all the time. And they keep piling. I create them when I'm waiting for my computer to start, when I'm procrastinating, trying out a pen, or doing a style test for a new project. The problem is, what do I do with this pile of sketches. Oftentimes, these sketches aren't saying much; they don't tell a story on their own. There isn't much meaning to them. But oftentimes, they are drawn with beautiful spontaneous lines and it seems like a shame to dump them in the bin. So for this couple of months, I've been taking pictures of them using my phone, putting them into my iPad and turning them into sketchbook covers and banners (like the one for this blog). The video captures my process.


Just for fun, I've put these designs on sketchbooks that people can buy on Redbubble here (click on the pictures):


You can also download these two cover designs for FREE on my Payhip page.




Comments