July-Aug 2023 update (+ a making-of video!)

 


Here is another update from my daily life. I capture them because they never stop coming and they never last forever. I also find it delightful to look back on these comics months or years later to see how much have changed, even if they seem like very mundane, almost boring things to capture. Sometimes, I wonder if anyone will care to read these comics, but I tell myself that it’s meaningful to me and that is enough. As a bonus, I do hope that showing these online might even encourage others to comic journal their own lives too.

I create these Ollie and Toby comics in different ways, resulting in a variety of looks, if you observe closely. In this particular one, I did it with no pencilling, almost like how a kid might draw a comic. For me, it creates a looser, more spontaneous look. I cover my process in following video:

Comments