How to transfer drawings from paper into Procreate without a scanner!



When teaching art school students, I find that most students prefer to draw digitally. It is rare to find any students using real ink and brush, fountain pen, or dip pen to create the lines for their illustrations, even though natural tools can produce very beautiful lines easily. Why?

Perhaps, with naturally inked lines, you'd need to scan the art. And scanning requires a scanner. And not everyone has a scanner, especially if you are new to illustration. And scanning sounds rather slowish and...too troublesome? So let's stick with digital art!

As for me, I like doing art in both digital and natural formats. I like the look and feel of natural lines and I think it still has its place in illustration. Sometimes, I find that I still draw a lot quicker and better using a real pen brush. So in this video, I will demonstrate how I quickly bring my naturally inked lines into Procreate, without a scanner. It does take a bit of effort, but it's relatively quick and easy.

See the video on Youtube HERE.

And here is the link for the Portable Photo Studio Light Box. Get a size that is big enough for sketchbooks fully opened.


Comments