How to make a home-made sketchbook


Learn to make your own lightweight saddle stitch sketchbook at home with just a few simple tools (or with an industrial cutter.). What's the advantage, you don't have to carry around a heavy 60-page sketchbook with you when you only use 2-3 pages a day. You spend less. You feel less self-conscious about "ruining" and nice sketchbook because it's so easy to make more! Also, you can include any kind of paper in it, even the best watercolour paper. Or mix it up!  In this video, my daughter Ollie and I will run through our steps of sketchbook making at home.


Play the video on Youtube HERE.

The cutter I use is the Ideal 1038. I recommend this. I've used this for years and it is still serving me well. It can cut about 20 sheets at a go.
I get my paper in Singapore from RJ Paper and Hiap Moh.


Comments